Tuesday, December 23, 2008

snow


I spent the weekend in Massachusetts where it snowed for two and a half days. One night, driving up the hill from my brother's, the headlights caught a trio of deer slipping across the road, their shapes blurred into great grey forms behind the storm's scrim. They were only there for a moment and then gone into the whited shadows. Finally late Sunday it stopped and I looked out the window in the middle of the night to see the hard crystalline light of stars in the black black sky.


1 comment:

James Robert Smith said...

As a southerner who rarely has to deal with the stuff, I have to admit to an intense love of snow. I especially enjoy the exceptionally crisp mornings after a snowstorm has passed and the air is very cold and everything feels clean, and everything looks so fragile, as if the world could snap at the merest breeze.

Very nice photos.