Friday, October 24, 2008

what to do when the economy collapses

I'm one of the fringe dominoes that is knocked over as the bigger guys crash left and right. Self-employed and not a plumber or doctor, I find myself face down in the mess.
What to do is keep painting. I spend the hours wrestling with the water element that is the dominant feature of this picture
Panic, done that. Rats-in-the-brain, ditto. Gone nuts thinking what I am employable as, ha!
Like I said, back to the paint.
Wish me luck.


2 comments:

James Robert Smith said...

Indeed. Artists definitely have a tough time when the economy goes south.

When I was younger I had a number of friends who were artists. It seemed always to be a situation of feast or famine with most of them.

Anonymous said...

Maybe we should try a different system based on intelligence and logic. Give this site a look:
http://www.thezeitgeistmovement.com