Friday, January 16, 2009

Captain's View

From where I sit at my computer I can look out over the rest of the loft to the light flooding in from Church Street. I love the geography of domestic spaces: the islands of rugs, the demarcation between living and studio as though a border had been inscribed by the edge of the Turkish rug, the edifice of rocking chair, the piles of books and edge-on paintings, the furry bunny (on left) with its portrait hanging just west of itself...
That blue light is the same as in my dream of the catspider, who scrabbled down the middle window and landed on the reflective floor--a black furred creature that would inhabit my brain and paintings for decades to come...

4 comments:

museum of doubt said...

Now that's unfair: you're just making us jealous.

Unknown said...

is it my space or my dreams that you are jealous of?

James Robert Smith said...

Nice space. I love how the near end looks so much warmer than where the sunlight is casting through.

museum of doubt said...

Well, space... but the question made me think, Mia, and wonder. But I don't think I'm jealous of your dreams... or anyone's. Yet!