Sunday, June 22, 2008

the foliage

Did you ever have one of those days where you just paint foliage? You know, where you maybe go out once to the post office, but can't remember the next day if you did, indeed, even leave the loft. Like that.
Sometimes when there is such a day I go out later and see everything as if it's a painting.....the stonework of buildings, the fluid melt of traffic, the fabrics of people following their motions, & the sky heaving between buildings.

So, to the foliage--still accruing, curling, blushing unaccustomed color and circling, ever so slowly, the two dancers:



This one is way too dark but I kind of like its before-the-storm light:

2 comments:

James Robert Smith said...

I'm not a painter, but I know the feeling. Sometimes I hit a day that I want to turn it all into poetry or prose.

RICARDO COLUGNATTI said...

nice work!!!