Friday, January 25, 2008

Creator & Creatures

photo: Jan Meissner


Someone called the catspiders guardian angels. Another someone found them way creepy. Its like trying to articulate how you feel about the chair you sit in to have your morning coffee.
But, of course there is more aesthetic weight to it than that. More humor and more surprise bang-in-the-heart emotion. Not to mention, in this case, the tip-toe of spider legs & soundless fur pad on the stones in the water. That's important, if you know what I mean. I hope you know what I mean because this train is going off rail.
The way the light comes through the curly cue plants and runs long-wise, morning-wise is the gangplank down to where it all is happening...the boat and the looky-see peering into it. Is she in there? I think so. OK, yes, I know she's there.
I love these guys with furry faces and scary bodies. Who else would be running down the shore to greet me?

No comments: