Friday, January 11, 2008

The Jade Buddha/Friday morning



On emerging from the dream world this morning I found that the trek between there and here was a bit more of a no man's land than usual. The dreams had been particularly tense (as in Hollywood thriller with death and sneaking between enemy camps in deep water) and psychedelically dire (as in having someone turn from a bad guy into a cat whom I had to dispatch with a needle into the eye). After surviving the transition between that and the real morning of NYC I celebrated with coffee. I then searched my old painting files for an image to reflect some of the night time events. I found The Jade Buddha, which was inspired by an actual jade Buddha that I saw in China and an old newspaper photo from some forgotten war. And then there are the lilly pads which is my way of being post modern.

No comments: