Monday, December 3, 2007

The Stinkbug


Above is the stinkbug with no one in it. Below it is inhabited by its requestee. In the second year of the Halloween Costume Enterprise I had been doing some drawings for a children's website about real and imaginary animals. The stinkbug was one of the real ones. When my son saw the drawing he said that that was what he wanted to be for Halloween. The basis for the costume was an old denim vest and a baseball hat. Underneath went a red sweatshirt and red sweatpants. Everything else was invented with wire, cloth, rhinestones and stuffing.
I have found that I like working with soft materials and going from a two dimensional idea to a three dimensional realization.
In my brain are some interesting plans for stuffed catspiders....



1 comment:

James Robert Smith said...

Ha! Great costume! Luck kid to have such a creative mom. (It looks nice as wall art, too.)