Monday, February 25, 2008

Looking Up

I went to see my friend Carla Cantrelle's play: Looking Up, yesterday afternoon. Its about trapeze, physicality, aging past your art form, finding an art form, laughing and love. Its also about New York. I took my son and we both really enjoyed it.
On the way over (its at Theater for the New City) we passed a toy shop that had wonderful stuffed animals in the window. We went in and my son bought me a rabbit for my birthday (soon, in the Pisces wet window of March). This was doubly perfect as my Chinese astrological (year) sign is the rabbit, and also because I'm in the midst of trying to make a stuffed catspider. This way I can crib off of the rabbit which is beautifully constructed. I put it in my purse with the head poking out to watch the passersby.

Here is the set of Looking Up, hastily sketched before it began:


1 comment:

James Robert Smith said...

Looks like Eddie Campbell's work!